Friday 11 September 2015

A major project begins

I've been meaning to start this Lynette Anderson Cherry Tree quilt for some time. I was recently given a voucher to spend at Cowslip Studios in Launceston by some lovely crafting friends that clearly know where to shop. This family run business is based in gorgeous rural Cornwall and prides itself in stocking a wide range of quilting and craft fabrics.  Cowslip Studios also run a wide range of workshops, mostly fabric based but also include other crafts too. To top it all they have a fabulous little cafe which serves lovely lunches, cakes and beverages, making this a wonderful place to visit for a fabric obsessed crafter, such as myself. One beautiful summer's day last last month, I took the opportunity to visit and, quite by chance Cowslip had an exhibition of quilts. There was some stunning work on display and I found it so inspiring. I came away fully fired up to begin my project.

I bought some beautiful batik prints which are lending themselves beautifully to the flowers in Lynette's design. It isn't easy cutting fabric with limited space but I cleared the kitchen table and made a start. Now the pretty bits begin, I'm really enjoying the applique on these little flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment